Almost HALFWAY through the year! Whhhhaaatttt?!?!?! It is crazy how fast the days go by, but hopefully it has been good so far for you all as well. This month’s reads are some that I have been wanting to read for a long time, and some of the choices I have come across to be rather interesting. Here are the five picks for the month of June… Enjoy!:
– Young Adult Contemporary
– Released: 26 May 2015
– 448 pages
– This book is a drama filled novel about three ballerinas at the Manhattan ballet school. Each of the girls will do anything to be at the top: manipulation, sacrifice, and a hint of back-stabbing.
– Young Adult Contemporary
– 10 September 2013
– 445 pages
– This book is about a girl named Cath who is the #1 fan of Simon Snow. When her sister begins to let go of Cath and their collective fandom of Simon, Cath has to learn how to be on her own. But, when she leaves for college, will she be able to leave Simon behind as well?
Here is what the Collector’s Edition through Barnes & Noble looks like. It includes a lot of Bonus content such as fan art, sneak peek for her new book, and more!
– Young Adult Contemporary / Mystery
– 21 April 2015
– 227 pages
– This book is about two sisters, Paris and Leo, who trust only themselves. Their mother is always out in trouble, and their stepfather is a major gambler. When they all move to Las Vegas, the two sisters find themselves exploring the city one night. All of a sudden, Paris is missing and has left a clue on a piece of paper. It is up to Leo and her new found friend to try to find her sister in the giant city.
Rook by Sharon Cameron
– 28 April 2015
– 456 pages
– (I found the description on Goodreads to be a very intriguing one so I am using it here) “History has a way of repeating itself. In the Sunken City that was once Paris, all who oppose the new revolution are being put to the blade. Except for those who disappear from their prison cells, a red-tipped rook feather left in their place. Is the mysterious Red Rook a savior of the innocent or a criminal?
Meanwhile, across the sea in the Commonwealth, Sophia Bellamy’s arranged marriage to the wealthy René Hasard is the last chance to save her family from ruin. But when the search for the Red Rook comes straight to her doorstep, Sophia discovers that her fiancé is not all he seems. Which is only fair, because neither is she.
As the Red Rook grows bolder and the stakes grow higher, Sophia and René find themselves locked in a tantalizing game of cat and mouse.”
– Young Adult Fantasy
– 24 February 2015
– 400 pages
– This book is about parallel worlds of fantasy London. There is the Red, Grey, White , and the unspoken Black London each ruled by people who acquired the throne differently and where magic may or may not exist. We find ourselves acquainted with Kel who is the Red traveler. He brings monthly correspondences to each of the worlds and also may or may not smuggle people into the different worlds, but trouble soon finds its way to Kel, and he may not have anywhere to hide.
These books are definitely ones that you should indulge in. I know I will as soon as my reading schedule allows it! Let me know if you have finished any of these titles, and what your thoughts were. Stay tuned for more bookish posts and book reviews of all the fun, amazing young adult books! Follow me through this blog by clicking the link below or leave your email address. You can also follow me on Instagram @treestandbookreviews and my #treestandbookreviews! You will find a growing number of bookish pictures and other fun things that I see throughout my bookish life!
Thank you guys again for all of the support! Happy June Reading!